Sunday 6 November 2011

Blastocysts Update

I thought I'd give you all a general update and total history of my Blasto.

I was tested around January this year for Blasto and it came back positive, I was treated with Flagyl, the normal antibiotic that is given when Blasto is detected. This was my second dose as I had already had one dose about November last year as the doctors had no idea what was wrong but thought they would just give it to me in case. I was never re-tested for Blasto until about July when I went to a Naturopath.

After being tested at the Naturopath and it coming back positive again we had the option to go to my GP and get treated or have herbs from the Naturopath. Mum chose the GP option and I was given a double dose of Flagyl this time. This time and the previous 2 times I never had any side affects and these tablets did nothing. Mum asked for me to be re-tested after finishing the Flagyl and again it came back positive.

My mum then found a clinic in Sydney who have successfully treated Blasto before. She spoke to a lady from their who gave us the name of a doctor in Brisbane. Mum tracked that doctor down and I went to see him. He gave me a script for the Centre for Digestive Disease first protocol and I started them.

These tablets made me so very sick, I was nauseas, I had achey bones, my stomach pains were terrible and I was just so sick. I had 2 weeks off school and finished that course. This was August.

I then waited the required 4 weeks and was re-tested, I found out in the last week of term 3, in the middle of exams that I was still positive.

After finishing this first set of tablets I felt so much better, I could eat some foods containing gluten that I wouldn't have been able to before, day to day my pains were a little better and overall I felt a little better however my pains were still there and I could not continue to live like that.

I then started the second protocol from the Centre for Digestive Diseases in the school holidays thinking they too would make me terribly sick. They did not have any effect on me until I had finished them. We think this is because I started this lot of tablets a lot healthier than I did the first time. My nausea severely increased and still has not gone back to the normal amount I have and I felt really tired. I still have not fully recovered to how I was feeling before this second set of tablets however Im feeling pretty good.

I sent away the sample to be re-tested yesterday and should get the results back this week. If I'm still positive I have an appointment with a doctor in Sydney in January to discuss further treatments and if it's negative I'll be re-tested to make sure it is not a false negative.

And that is my little journey with Blastocysts, if you have any questions please leave me a comment.

Charlotte;)

No comments:

Post a Comment