Friday 17 June 2011

Where I left of..

Well I don't remember the exact details but I remember staying in hospital that night and until about 2am Friday morning I was sent home. Friday I was back at the hospital at 8am I remember getting admitted to hospital and then I remember having an ultrasound that day as the doctors again suspected that I had something wrong with my appendix or had ovarian cysts. Friday night was one of the worst nights I can ever remember and I ended up having fentanyl after having many doses of morphine.

The ultrasound showed nothing but I still had stomach pain so they kept me in over the weekend and said they would re-access me on Monday. By then I had had a blood, urine and feaces test. They all came back on Monday, I think the urine showed nothing, the blood showed elevated white blood cells (I think) and the feaces showed pin worms. The doctor believed that this is what was causing my pains and  gave me some medications to treat them and sent me home on Tuesday. I had no syptoms of worms but we had had enough of the hospital so we went home anyway.

I woke up the Wednesday morning vomiting, my mum rang the hospital and they said to bring me up there straight away as this was a new symptom. It was actually just a side effect of the worming tablet that they had forgot to mention and I was told to go home and rest.

The rest of that week I don't think anything major happened but the following Monday I still had the constant stomach pains so we went back to the GP to see what we should do next. He told us to see a paediatrician who sent me to a paediatric  gastric surgeon who sent me for a CT scan.

The CT scan showed nothing and so he sent me back into hospital for my first endoscopy. This as now November and I had had this pain for about 3 weeks. Never in that WHOLE 3 weeks did I ever not have stomach pain, it was CONSTANT. I was now under the care of a paediatric gastroenterologist, lets call her Dr. E she is still my doctor today.

The endoscopy showed villi damage but it was not correspondent with a celiac. I was put on a gluten and lactose free diet. By this stage I had not eaten for about 8 weeks and had lost 10kg. I never felt hungry and I never felt full and I still don't. After this diet change I could eat more but my appetite has never returned and I still do not eat very much.

So now we are at about January this year, the story is way more detailed but I really don't remember the exact details. They will probably come to me and I will share them once I remember them.

In January Dr. E decided it was time for another endoscopy and this time a colonoscopy as well. These two procedures were scheduled for late February and were definitely an experience to remember...more on that in another post.

These both showed that I was Lactose intolerant but that was about all I think. Dr E decided I had IBS and that was that. She said over time I would recover but I would have this for the rest of my life. We were not happy with this diagnosis so we went to another doctor but he also did not know what it was but didn't think it was IBS.

Since then I have been sent to the 'Chronic Pain Team' who have put me on a new medication and have sent me to a physiotherapist.

This is pretty much where I am up to now in a nutshell. I will try to add more details here and there as I go.

Have a great weekend:)

No comments:

Post a Comment