Saturday 25 June 2011

Why

I have started this blog so I can keep a dairy of what has happened over the past months and so one day I can look back at this and remember all of the small moments in my life that I would have otherwise forgotten about.

I also started this so that other people can find this and maybe it will help them. Maybe they are going through something similar or maybe they know of someone who is going through something similar.

This whole journey I have never felt alone as I have had my mother there with me the WHOLE time, never has she left my side or never has she not supported me, I have had my father as well, getting me (decent) food while I was in hospital, looking after me when my mum needed a break and caring for my brothers so my mum could be with me. They have both been amazing!! So too have my extended family, friends and teachers. They have all done sooo much for me, more then I ever expected BUT I have always longed for a person to have been through this and someone who willing to share there experiences with me, listen to me cry and whinge (but I've got to give credit to my mum cause she is pretty good at this) and know what it feels like (she doesn't really now that but she does the best she can), tell me what has worked for them and what hasn't, tell me that there is hope that one day I will be my normal self and just have someone who I can share everything with and know that they know what it all feels like.

I have to admit that my mum ticks nearly all of those boxes and I tell her just about EVERYTHING but she hasn't been through this, she can't fully understand what it is like and she can't tell me what has worked or what hasn't worked, she can't tell me what she has gone through with an illness similar to mine, and she will never know what it really feels like to go through this.

I hope for my blog to do this for at least one person, I hope that one person who has or is suffering from something similar to me will gain something from my blog. Whether it be; a test to take, a doctor to see, an ear to cry to or to just feel like they are not alone. I hope to do this.

I want something positive to come from my illness for someone else. I want to get a message out that you are not alone.

If you know anyone or are suffering from something similar to me PLEASE let me know, I'd be more than happy to talk to you or them.

If you have been through something like this then please, please, please let me know anything that has helped. I would be so happy with any little piece of information.

Charlotte;)

No comments:

Post a Comment