Sunday 30 October 2011

The difference of a year

This day one year ago I was in hospital, I'd been there since Friday and wouldn't come home until Tuesday night after the doctors found worms in my stomach and believed this was the cause of my pains. Obviously they weren't.

My cousins N and A who I often visit in the holidays came to visit me in hospital. I remember being on a drip so I couldn't really play with them like I would have liked to. My mum, dad and brother were there too. My brother took my cousins with him to the 'play room' and I stayed in bed. I remember getting out of bed for the first time and sitting in the rocking chair and chatting. I remember they gave me a pair of pink slippers which I still have and wore every time I was into hospital. They cheered my up and gave me company that I really needed back then. They broke up my day and made time go so much faster.

Today they are coming over for dinner. This time at my house, I will swim in the pool with N and A and play with them how I badly wanted to this time last year. I will not sit back and watch, I won't have a drip in my arm and I will certainly thank them for taking time out of their day to visit me today and for visiting me this day last year.

One year on, who could have known I'd be where I am now, still sick but so much better than last year!!

Happy Sunday!!

Charlotte;)

No comments:

Post a Comment